• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 registry

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

This thread started on another one so to keep that one on track, here is its offspring...

The topic was about getting a registry of M35A2's going so eventually, someone could look up a serial#, registration #, or contract #, and see what other trucks in the same # range had. It would give a good idea about what mods of any were added at unit level, rebuild, ect.. An greatly simplified example is: you look up your truck (#45) see trucks 39-58 ALL had the same features, so you can surmise that the XYZ feature that your truck has was factory, but the ABC feature was added later, as no other trucks in the range have them...

It's a nice idea, but would take a bit of work. The info/data gathering/fact checking would be the hardest part...
Just some of the info that would need to be gathered, sorted, and checked for accuracy...

Year
Contract #
Serial #
W/W or W/WO
Type of seat- Box or Spring?
Factory hard top?
Factory heater?
Engine type
Turbo type
Tranny type
Paint color/type
Style of lights
Slave Cable connection
Rebuild?
MWO's?
The list goes on..

The list could go on and on.. Type of tires that originally came with it, etc..
Then you need to see if the truck rolled off the line with an spring seat, or was it added later by a unit.. Same with a hardtop, heater and ???

The real question is everyone going to take the time to REALLY fill it out properly.. 1/2 a$$ed info will make for a 1/2 a$$ed list thats not really worth much..

The WWII Jeep/Willys/Bantam guys REALLY have this type of stuff down.. You can look at their lists with your reggie #, and figure out with 99% accuracy what your truck rolled off the line with.. It's doable, but gonna require some work...

Heavily modified trucks/ones that have been on the farm for years/ones that got "Bubbized" might not be great sources of info for this registry. Ones that have "come from the source" would be much better "storytellers" Ones with original paperwork would be EXCELLENT storytellers, but they are few and far between. Even trucks that came from dealers would be suspect, as I bet they add some desireable options like spring seat, hard top, ect. (which is totally understandable from a business standpoint, but bad for a registry)

The registry could greatly help people who have found trucks and want to know how original they are, or what it would take to put them back to "factory original"

What say you????

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be willing to help out by providing as much info about my trucks as I can. I think it may be a great online resource for those who are interested in the history of the delivery and production of many series of trucks. It may help DDoyle out in his quest to know more about the history of the military vehicles we have, but save him time in getting the info himself.

NOTE: if this is done, only those that know a lot about their trucks should send info in on them. The owners of beaters that are heavily modified or are missing data plates may not be able to supply good info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks