• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 rim questions??

southernsmoker

GREAT SITE!!!
I hope this is the correct forum....

I am in the process of gathering parts to fit single 16R20's on my A2. I have been looking high and low for a set of the HEMTT rims but they seem to be getting scarce..(or I'm just looking in the wrong places) and the price seems to be reflecting the scarcity. What other wheels options are there out there other than the HEMTT's? I came across some Eaton 402's on the web today that looked promising but they were just as high. Has anyone used any of the wheels from places like Red Barn Customs or something similar? Are there mounting problems with the thin lips on the rims versus the thick sidewalls on the 16R20's? Any homemade wheel options? I have access to two machine shops if options are available. I'm just trying to keep cost down so that the woman doesn't come down too hard on me....

Thanks!!!

197thhhc

1600s will have serious rubbing issues on a deuce and they wont work on the back unless you have a bobber. 395s are about as big as you can go if you want to single out a stock suspension deuce. There is a guy on ebay selling 14 inch wide 20 inch wheels for $250.00 each and he is in KY. There is also place in london , Oh that has HEMMTT wheels Check with gimpyrobb here on SS I've attached a pic of our Real Custom Trucks test truck with 395s to show you the clearance. Also welcome to the site.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There has been a ton of 395's coming out of Redstone....they are mounted on oddball rims but they could prob be recentered for less than you would pay for HEMMT rims (and they would still have to be recentered too).

The lots last week sold for around $450.00 per tire after GL's blood money and tax....maybe someone on here got a few lots and will share the wealth.

BOV Prepper

Check out Easternsurplus.com I bought used 395/85-R20 with 75% thread or better from them last week for $300 apiece. They also have used or new 20x10 reversible rimsor A3 2 piece rims for sale at competitive prices. Check my avatar for the installed look of those tires on an A2:beer:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a full set of six Michelin 395 XML's on FMTV wheels that you can buy the adaptors for. I am asking $375 for a wheel and tire combo and they are around 75% tread PM me if interested.

southernsmoker

Well.....a bobber is what I have in mind....I can handle the lift for the tires. I have plans for my rear axle under another truck. So the A3 wheels are more adaptable to this tire setup? I'm fairly firm on the 53's. It will be more suited for the off road purposes of my truck. I intend to look up the KY guy on Ebay. Thanks for the quick reply's everyone! Keep them coming! Thanks!

crazywelder72

1600s will have serious rubbing issues on a deuce and they wont work on the back unless you have a bobber. 395s are about as big as you can go if you want to single out a stock suspension deuce. There is a guy on ebay selling 14 inch wide 20 inch wheels for $250.00 each and he is in KY. There is also place in london , Oh that has HEMMTT wheels Check with gimpyrobb here on SS I've attached a pic of our Real Custom Trucks test truck with 395s to show you the clearance. Also welcome to the site.

You can put the 16 r 20's on a a2 with some work without bobbing it. My truck has it. the 3rd axle was relocated further back to accommodate this. Drive shaft was lengthened, torsion rods were lengthened, truck was lifted, hydraulic steering was added.

But it looks KILLER

Glad i bought it after all this work was done.

Attachments

crazywelder72

That's a good question. I didn't do them but I remember one of the previous owners mentioned that they were made from 2 different types of rims. Attached is a screenshot from the original add from 5 years ago (2 owners ago). I can send him a email and see if he had the rims made or he bought it already made.

I wish I had a better answer for now but i don't.

Attachments

ICAT

I have 6 lug 22.5 rims off a UPS truck. They are for radial tires and depending on how you are going to use it, it is easier to find tires for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks