• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Security

biodeucel

Does anyone have suggestions for a way to "theft proof" a deuce? Doorlocks, ignition locks, etc? Anyone use their deuce as a daily driver and have problems w/ secrurity?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There have been a few good threads covering this topic. Try searching for a few key words like door locks and security etc. If you search for more than one word select"find all term" to narrow your search. The search function is located under the tools tab above. Search in the forums for past posts. also, select the deuce or deuce modification forums to search in (helps narrow the results) if you need more help searching, just ask.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is no such thing as "theft proof". Just slowing down the theft if the thief is determined. There are some good past thread on door locks, ingnition locks, and steering wheel chains. The search feature should be of great help in finding these useful tips.

biodeucel

Thanks for the link devilman96. I guess what I'm asking is what do you prefer to secure your vehicle.
(note to builder77, "theft proof", hence the quotation marks)

OD_Coyote

While nothing is fool proof, I installed locking door handles, I still need to get them gold plated, umm I mean painted OD. I also added a lock to my battery box and unhook the battery whenever I do not plan to use the the truck for a couple of days. Someday I will install a battery disconnect switch too. I also purchased a"The Club" from Desert Rat a few years back that I lock on the helm when I park the beastie and leave it unattended.
Here are some pics of the locks...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks