• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 serial/ VIN # decode

Desert Rat 1

Hello,
I'm new to this site and thankful that there is a place where MV owners can go for advice, help, information, etc. I own an M35A2 Deuce-n-a-half and saw a posting that someone with the screenname of "carnac" was interpreting the serial / VIN numbers of these vehicles as to when, where it was manufactured and was wondering if anyone can help with mine.[thumbzup]

Last edited:

stumps

Hello,
I'm new to this site and thankful that there is a place where MV owners can go for advice, help, information, etc. I own an M35A2 Deuce-n-a-half and saw a posting that someone with the screenname of "carnac" was interpreting the serial / VIN numbers of these vehicles as to when, where it was manufactured and was wondering if anyone can help with mine.[thumbzup]

The number is as follows: 04C16370032528722
Some tiny bits of information can be had just by inspection:

04C16370 - is the vehicle number, which is akin to a tag number. The 70 at the end signifies that it was a 1970 vehicle.

0325 - is the vehicle body type

28722 - is the sequential serial number.

Even though Carnac told me it is a wrong thing to do, I took the entire number and gave it to the DMV as my VIN. It exists on a plate as the Vehicle ID number, and made them quite happy.

The real VIN is: 032528722. That is the number you should find stamped on the frame somewhere.

If you use the search function for VIN, you will find a very long thread where the great CARNAC has offered his munificent services in tracking your vehicle's lifestyle from the above ID number.

-Chuck

mckeeranger

Ok...Thanks...but am confused about your post that you took the number and gave it to the DMV ??? Please elaborate....
When you register/license one of these trucks for the first time, you have to provide the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) with the VIN. (Vehicle Identification Number)

He was just saying he used the entire number, instead of just the serial number.

Desert Rat 1

ok...got it...but I already registered it a while ago and the DMV would only register it as "Spec Const" because there were no data plates identifying the year and manufacturer of this truck..I'm in the process of trying to get it registered as "historical" but have to get some more info so the drones at the dmv will be able register it that way.
-John

stumps

Ok...Thanks...but am confused about your post that you took the number and gave it to the DMV ??? Please elaborate....
I'm sorry, I assumed something that wasn't yet in the discussion.

My M35A2 Is also a Kaiser/Jeep, and it has the same format ID number. I gave them my 17 digit ID number and told them it was my VIN. They liked that because they are used to 17 digit VIN's. Your truck is 1970 manufacture.

-Chuck

Tiech24

I am looking to get a deuce and a half and was just looking for some info on it. Can you help me out?
Its a M35A2
stock no# 23200771616
ID # 04M51471052523832
Contract No# DAAE0670C0001

thanks!

5amp

M35A2 Vehicle ID and manufacturer

Hi is there any way of finding out the Manufacturer of an M35A2 from this data plate ?
I'm told its made by Kaiser and it is stamped into the plate, it looks different to other Kaiser plates posted and I'd like to find out who actually manufactured it. Also the 0325 body code is that for cargo/troop carrying body with or without drop sides ?

Thanks guys !

WP_20180601_16_57_54_Pro.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi is there any way of finding out the Manufacturer of an M35A2 from this data plate ?
I'm told its made by Kaiser and it is stamped into the plate, it looks different to other Kaiser plates posted and I'd like to find out who actually manufactured it. Also the 0325 body code is that for cargo/troop carrying body with or without drop sides ?

Thanks guys !

View attachment 730960
PM sent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks