• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 slipping clutch

mill1970

i have an m35a2 and i am based across the pond in malvern worcestershire england in low range she runs all fine but when i change the transfer case to high range the clutch slips in 4/5 would this be a complete clutch change or would adjustment be enought thanks for your help god bless america keep america great

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me if there was no problem before now it is starting then it would seem like it needs a new clutch. Has it been leaking oil out of the drain hole. Also been a long time since I worked on a Deuce but when I adjusted my clutch after replacement I took off the small four bolt bottom inspection cover and with the motor running I could look up the with a flash light light and make sure the throw out bearing was not spinning showing it had fully released. You can also grease the input shaft where the bearing slides on from there. Just to add I have not heard / seen of a post where the bearing was getting stuck on the input shaft housing but I guess anything is possible. As said easy to check with the engine running and a flashlight or in your case a Torch. Also you are leaving the drain hole open as it should be and the plug in its holder and just put in when fording then open it back up and plug back in holder when done swimming.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Slipping as you go up the higher gears is worn out clutch.
Try adjustment.
If that fails change the assembly.
I can line you up with people who have just completed that task.
pm or email me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks