• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 spicer 3053a gearbox rebuild

Socast

Hi all,

I need to replace one or more bearings in my gearbox. Shifting fine, just screaming like a stuck pig after a long drive.

I’ve had a look round and can’t seem to find what bearings I need to order to rebuild the gearbox. If I’m doing one bearing it’s just as easy to replace all of them, so if someone could provide the (I presume) Timken serial numbers etc for all the bearings, rear oil seal as well that’d be great.

Thank you in advance. :)

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If nobody has this information you may need to just tear the gearbox down and document all the bearing/race numbers and all the seal numbers and order them all before reassembly time. If I had the transmission that far apart I would opt for a fulle rebuild at that time and replace all the bearings and seals and then you can inspect everything inside the case for other potential problems. I just did this on a 50 Power Wagon with both the trans and transfer case.

Socast

If nobody has this information you may need to just tear the gearbox down and document all the bearing/race numbers and all the seal numbers and order them all before reassembly time. If I had the transmission that far apart I would opt for a fulle rebuild at that time and replace all the bearings and seals and then you can inspect everything inside the case for other potential problems. I just did this on a 50 Power Wagon with both the trans and transfer case.
There’s only one seal on the gearbox (rear output), the front input shaft is an Archimedes screw.
The main reason I asked for bearing numbers is so that I can order them before I start the rebuild and do it all in a day. I don’t really want the truck off the road for months whilst I wait to source parts from the states (I’m in the UK).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks