• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Springfield IL to Shelbyville IL.

tbone69

need someone with tow bar or other means to pull a deuce roughly 75 miles to my house. item is at GSA auction site hours are m-f 8-4. any body in central IL that can help? 217-827-1167

flyxpl

I can get it off thier lot to my house about 5 miles from Springfield . Then maybe u can get it driveable to get it home . Which one did u get ? they had a hard top and a soft top . Niether have brakes .

tbone69

hard top w/heater. no brakes and other issues according to the turn in sheet.
I am hoping for someone with a set of tow bars close to pull it home.
glad my first recovery is a close one, you can't plan enough for one of these unless you have a low boy with winch of your own or another deuce with tow bar.

ranchhopper

Joe, Remember mine didnt have brakes when you hauled it home but after a brake bleed and a couple of fuel lines I drove it over 200 miles home most of those trucks require very little to get them roadworthy the federal surplus trucks were never beat up like forestry or fire trucks..

tbone69

so far the fuel pump is shot and the MC is leaking out the front seal after power bleed. got both items ordered. just a waiting game now.

bguy193

If it is the same one I'm thinking of that was on the lot..........Make sure, before you move it, that the fuel filter cans don't fall off. One of those deuces on the lot had the rear secondary fuel filter can laying against the inner fender.

tbone69

already took care of that. I will install the new pump then charge the system and bleed the filters. that is my plan anyhow. took the fuel shut off cover off and everything is working fine there on the IP. once home I will install all new filters and give it a good service. starter is having some troubles as well and will need looked at.
next time may need to take a couple of group 31's to the inspect and try to fire it up before bidding.I will know better what to look for next time. this has been a good learning experience so far with no regrets. nice to have a truck from my home state NG. trying to get ahold of the service records if possible through some guard contacts.

tbone69

the deuce made the 75 mile drive home today and ran like a champ. added parts and bled brakes.paid a premium for it but it was close and is a very nice truck in great condition. very satisfied with my purchase.thanks to all who responded