• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Starter Interchangibility

brianrbull

Well it has been a bad day..... While driving home from town I start to hear a rattle comming from the floor area of the truck I pull into the nearest gas station. Once I get stopped I smell the "Magic Smoke" smell.... (No NOT that magic smoke) grab my tool roll and run to the side of the truck get the bateries disconnected , both are HOT.... Start looking the bell housing is full of smoke.... and the starter is INOP I am pretty sure the smoke was comming from the starter...
Does anyone know if the starter from the M809 series will interchange with the Deuce? if not I am going to have to find a replacement starter.....

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the ring gear look like? I hate to make things sound worse, but you'll need to check that too or you could wind up fixing the ring gear and the new starter. BTW, have you looked into getting that starter repaired?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No reason to feel foolish Brian, sounds like you pulled over as soon as you noticed something was wrong.

We were coming back to Ohio from Grayling one year after our AT there, and one of the guys did something really stupid. We were the maintenance sweep. The Wrecker driver, driving a 5 ton gasser, left the park brake on. I could smell somebodies brakes after a couple of miles. We got on US 23 and after only a mile or two I could tell it was the wrecker. I was driving a deuce with 2 fuel pods in the back and towing a trailer with a pod of JP4 so I was loaded and the truck was slow. By the time I was able to get out and pull up beside the wrecker, smoke was pouring from the rear wheels. The first hill we hit, the wrecker wouldn't get over 20mph. Between that and the smoke, the driver had no clue something was wrong, which is sad since he was a mechanic!! We kept the truck from catching fire by dumping about 50 gallons of water on the wheels. Had to replace all the drums and shoes when we got back. I let him know what I thought about him right there on the side of the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks