• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 starting problem

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know your going to hate to hear this, sounds like the button fell off the bottom of the plunger or a bad hydraulic head. Sorry.

gimpyrobb

Well, yes and no.

You'll need to pull the high pressure injector lines.
Pull the fuel line to the IP for safety.
Pull the fuel shutoff cover
Pull the black bridge covering the fuel shut off lever.
Pull the cotter pin, and pull the lever out. Make sure you don't drop the tit off the lever!
I put the trans in 4th to spin the motor over easy, T-case in neutral.
Then you'll have to have someone spin the driveshaft(with a pry bar) while you watch the gear on the hydraulic head(HH from here on).
Keep an eye on the HH gear till you see a red gear tooth. The red is not always easy to see, but the line down the center usually is.
You'll want the arrow indicator to point to the "valley" just before the red-scored tooth.
Then you'll take the 4 nuts off the "keepers" holding the HH in place.
If the HH doesn't come right out with some wiggling(do not pry it out) you might have to jiggle the driveline a bit to get it free.
Once its out, do not move the driveline till you put it back in.

The motor does not need to be at TDC.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

Its hard to see in the pic, but there is an arrow cast into the pump that points to the gear. It looks obvious to me that you can see the red tooth, but maybe not the score in it. That arrow should point to the area between the two gear peaks.

midevilduece

Just a note to Gimpyrobb,and everone else. Great job helping this guy out. Everyone in this thread made quick work of the issue, and noone came in screaming about reading the TM's before asking a question that has already been answered before. noone was griping about FNG's wasting thread space, Just quick, decisive, help. How it should be.
Cheers..

Yep... We were all FNGs at one point. I read through a lot of the TMs before I got my deuce, but until I actually had to work on it I knew nothing. ( I still know very little but the more I hang out here, the more I find out. There are things that are not and never will be in the TMs. ) Start out with a FNG, add some OD, some guidance and you just may end up with someone with an incurable case of OD fever.