• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Timing

dmetalmiki

Got it, and thank you yet again for all the time and trouble you are taking to resolve my problem.
I did not see the P.D.F.s (too much in pain and tired at the time),
Now I KNOW my H.H. RED LINE is incorrect, as it is bang on the mark, and SHOULD be one tooth off to the rear.
(And(It does sound like it is 'running late'.)).

Just one more thing if I can indulge your expertise a little longer,

My PUMP has the teeth and half moon cutout on the Rightmost side of the pump looking down, Not the left as in the T.M. Pictures.
But all the information you gave me is still working fine left or right, Unless the picture is mirrored?
GREEN ARROW is where ALL my trucks have the half moon cut out. R.H. Side.

your thoughts.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea sorry I scanned it and it from a TM and looks like they have it backwards and I did not catch it. So ok head installed on mark and when you rotate the crank to timing mark and advance window is on mark the head is then just about one tooth off?

Attachments

dmetalmiki

So, You are an absolute GEM+.. Thank yet again for your ongoing patience and advice's,,,
Today I went out to the workshop and as no one turned up to help..(Usual),,I pulled the injector line from the hydraulic head
I left the Fuel density compensator lines as is,
I left the Pre heat manifold igniter lines as is.
I lifted the hydraulic head enough to see the RED line (after turning over the engine)
I turned the red line back on notch
NO GOOD
lifted the HH again turned the teeth,
LOOKED GOOD one notch back.
Re built everything.
Had soldier B with a blank for the intake!..And some squirty fluid to start the engine. (As I had trouble locating the throttle control 5 times until fully satisfied!)
Prodded the go button for 1 1/2 seconds only.
Again.
3rd time it fired up and ran as it should.
A million and more thanks.
Beerrz Bed, well satisfied!.

Attachments

jimm1009

In theory if you are replacing the injection pump with a new or different one you would want the engine on #1TDC for firing (Injecting fuel). Then the pump itself would be set up for TDC for injecting fuel.
Where I am at is I am replacing my HH on my pump with a brand new one. I have no idea where my engine is right now with regards to timing. I can not figure out where to turn the engine with the radiator installed. I can not get to the nut on the crankshaft to turn it over. I assume that the front valve cover needs to be removed in order to verify that the valves are close on #1 when the timing mark on the harmonic balancer come up. I have been searching the TMs but it is frustrating when you can not find the info and then of course when you are frustrated your comprehension goes down. lol
jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks