• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 to m275

dodge6bt

OK I have a m35a2 I'm thinking of converting to a m275 but here's the kicker I don't want a fithwheel. A shorter stock bed. Would almost be like a short bed truck but bigger hahaha. I could all ways put a fithwheel on if it looks stupid. Any one ever seen it or done it?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a few M275A2s with beds. They look fine with a shortened deuce of 5 ton bed. Look like doodoo with a trailer bed. Shortening a cargo truck and bed would look even better as the back of the frame isn't tapered for ramps.

M275Fan

Wouldn't be an M275 or M275 conversion, but rather bobbing it but keeping 6x6. I do believe it has been done before and wouldn't look bad at all. Go for it. Might be a handy truck to have.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Feb 2008 Military Vehicles Magazine has a picture of a prototype that the govt tested.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. hndrsonj , how do you find back copies of "Military Vehicles Magazine" short of subscribing to them ? Or is that the only way ?
I don't think you do; but it is the issue that talks about the M48's which I have one.....

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you wanted a flatbed, I would suggest using a generator trailer bed as they are 123 inches long, regular 105 bed is 108 inches, vs the standard deuce bed of 144.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look close at my avatar you will see what an M275 looks like with a flatbed on it. It is a commercial 9 foot flatbed that was installed by the previous owner.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couple of things to consider on your project. The M275 has a foot shorter wheelbase. As such, the original spare tire hoist and fuel tank will not work. Neither is a deal breaker but if you want it to appear factory, start shopping for an M275, M47 or M59 parts truck. Being a tractor, the frame is super short after the axle. If I were building one, I would leave a little more frame to balance the appearance. 6" to a foot would make it look a little better proportionally. I think it might be a cool project.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a standard wheelbase truck with the back of the frame lopped off. Bed is a 5 ton dropside and has been sectioned by a few feet.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I have a m35a2 I'm thinking of converting to a m275 but here's the kicker I don't want a fithwheel. A shorter stock bed. Would almost be like a short bed truck but bigger hahaha. I could all ways put a fithwheel on if it looks stupid. Any one ever seen it or done it?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

A pic of a modified M275 and a short M35 below.

Attachments