• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 transmission problem

cvh20

Odd thing is the truck was just purchased from GL and you can tell "Joe" replaced the transmission because of all the brand new bolts, non-matching paint, clean spots, etc.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I saw that many bad teeth, I was in Georgia.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And for all you newbs, the oil is in the bottom of the transmission, not the top!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look close

Attachments

ODw/envy

top plate is missing making it a PITA to shift........ oh yea and your brake lights dont work.....
Ohh! You beat me to it. I would have added that it is going to be hard to keep FOD out of there and the trans wouldn't last long that way.

BTW. I am originally from GA and have never had so much as a cavity. [thumbzup]

OD

cvh20

DieselBob is on to something. I took my first test drive in this truck (after proper PMCS and several other repairs) and could not get it to shift into 4th or 5th gear. It does not grind, but when you move the shifter to the far right it barely goes up or down at all and hits a definate solid stop of some kind. Curiosity got to me, so I had to take it apart and see what was going on. The picture shows 5th gear with a burned maple syrup finish, while the rest of the gears look very good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks