• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Turbo Temperature to shut off?

Hummer Guy

I notice on the C Turbos that you suppose to let them idle for 5 minutes before you shut them off, one thing I always wondered. What should the temperature of the turbo be before you shut it off? I currently have a temperature gauge to monitor the temperature and boost of my turbo

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I notice on the C Turbos that you suppose to let them idle for 5 minutes before you shut them off, one thing I always wondered. What should the temperature of the turbo be before you shut it off? I currently have a temperature gauge to monitor the temperature and boost of my turbo
I don't shut any diesel down until the exhaust gas is at its idle temperature. 260 to 300 degrees. This will vary by engine though.

rustystud

I let my mulifuels run 15 minutes after a long haul.
And run ten minutes after startup to drive.
When I was still in the Marines we would allow the engines to run for almost half an hour before going out on a convoy. During that time we would do our pre-trip inspection . Checking over the truck for any leaks and tire pressure and such. Of course we checked the oil level before starting the engine !

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myself 260 / 270* EGT on the Duramax and 5 minutes without a pyro on the MV's. For the Duramax it is about 2 minutes to get there but the turbo is also water cooled. With 260 /270* EGT I believe the metal in the turbo shaft has cooled down enough to shut down.

Last edited: