• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 twist style start

peashooter

I've been trying to troubleshoot the wiringing myself on my 88af truck. I know this is an older post but for anyone "from the future" reading this trying to figure out what the 4 wires are on the start switch here it is.
-2 wires are obviously for starting (both 74 I think)
-wire 117 is a ground wire, wire 118 goes to the proportional valve warning light circuit on the dual circuit brakes which I believe is also connected eventually with 167 which is the parking brake switch that goes directly to the dash's brale warning light.

So whent the switch is turned to start the truck the DPDS switch both starts the truck and tests the dash's brake warning light momentarily (so you know the light works, just like on our cars when all the idiot lights turn on right away when we start it)

Hooty481

i would think that the other 2 wires or hook ups on the switch would be for the fuel shutoff when you turn it off on a 5-ton. the multifuel deuce doesnt have this. it has the old pull cable to shut the fuel off and kill the engine.

peashooter

i would think that the other 2 wires or hook ups on the switch would be for the fuel shutoff when you turn it off on a 5-ton. the multifuel deuce doesnt have this. it has the old pull cable to shut the fuel off and kill the engine.
This is refering to the 4 wire starter switches that some m35a2's and the a3's have instead of the pushbutton starters.... so this switch is just momentary and wouldn't work with fuel shutoff

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks