• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Vehicle History by number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flylo

My trucks # is 04H96470, how do I find the history. Sorry for the stupid question as I'm sure the answer is on the site but I couldn't find it. I tried the google search but it kept locking up. I love old iron of many types & part of the fun is discovering the history of it's past. Thanks!

fasttruck

Registration number would suggest vehicle was manufactured in 1970 probably by Kaiser Jeep in South Bend, IN. Find Carnac's site, he has access to historical data and tells you how to format it for submission.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is not a site but his VIN Info thread

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?118697-2014-VIN-Info-Thread

CARNAC is a member here and has access to the Army's database. In his spare time he will attempt to look up the LAST entry of the vehicle in the system. Read the first post and follow his instructions closely.

As far as I know there is no way to find all the history of the truck.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I picked up my first GL Deuce from Fort Indiantown Gap years ago, I sanded down the paint covering the bumper numbers to determine what unit the truck came from. I then googled that unit and found contact information. I then placed a telephone call to that unit and asked for history information on my truck. I was transferred numerous times due to suspicions about the purpose of my call. I was finally connected with a Major Park and I was able to convince him that my intentions weren't nefarious. He was great. He was actually familiar with my particular truck. He looked up the maintenance history of my truck, and told me that it had seen service in Bosnia and El Salvador. He spent about 30 minutes with me on the telephone and got my address. He then mailed me a large envelope of information on the Unit and Division the truck had been assigned to. I think it helped when I mentioned that I was an Army veteran. He invited me to call back again if I had further questions, but I never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.