• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 vs. M35A3 In Snow and Ice

rustystud

There is one item that I almost added to my Deuce. That is an automatic tire sander. You hit the button and sand is sprayed at the tires. The buses used them also. They are a mess to deal with. You need a large hopper to hold the sand (kitty litter) and have to make sure the opening doesn't get jammed up, but beyond that they do work OK for when your tires start to spin. Again only on pavement.

ToddJK

No they barely plow the road in town correctly as is, I do have a 5 ton so I shouldn't have a problem. I was thinking of just pushing a V blade so don't need hydraulics, just run it straight down the middle.
I'm sure with enough looking you'll find one. If you do, I'd like to see how you mount it up. I've only seen one or two ways guys have mounted a plow and both was on a deuce, not a five ton. There was a fella selling a fleet of five tons in the classified that had plows and such but for what he was asking, any parts or single trucks wasn't a part of the deal. Could put a post out in the classified wtb a v blade snow plow, someone here might know who has one or find one for you.

ToddJK

I found one "locally", been for sale since April on eBay. I do weld and have experience with hydraulics and such, seems a winch frame meant to put a winch on one of these 5 tons would be the trick with additional mounting to the frame of the vehicle itself.
Right on. I've seen some of your other posts so I know you got the tools and the skills to fab some stuff up. That plow would definitely clear a car lane! If I was to do one myself, the v blade made more sense to me as well, but I would use a small winch with a wireless controller inside the cab since I have the PTO winch already but those are not ideal for that. I think keeping all the mounts on the frame is the way to go, I've read suggestions using the front axle to support the plow for the "push", but I was never keen on that idea. Only other issue would be ground clearance, but I think that's just part of the trade off of using a plow.

Last edited:

ToddJK

no....too busy and am worthless on a computer.
Haha, well, even some pictures of how you mounted it could help! I have a pretty good idea of how I'd do it, but I always like to see how others have done it and compare it to my idea so I can make the best educated decision. Either way though, that deuce looks good with the plow on it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks