• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 w/communications body

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at a 1970 am general With a communications box on it. Its about 150 miles away and so far Im just going on picts.... The fellow says the box will lift off of the bed and you have the standard stake bed configuration. Im thinking maybe the best of both worlds??? Oninions and any experience with these would appreciated....

Chieftawny

No experience with 'em, but that looks like a nice one. I've been looking for a deuce myself and that one looks better than most of the ones i've seen for that amount of money.

KsM715

Looks good for the price. That box looks like it was built on top of the cargo bed. Once you lift it off you will just have the walls and roof to set on the ground. Not like a self contained box like the M109 or S-280. If you got your heart set on a truck you can turn into a camper I wouldnt choose that one, but if you just want a deuce, that looks to be a good candidate for a winch truck.

Edit: pic added.

Attachments

Last edited:

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im thinking sort of a MAN camper... Folding cot , coleman stove, cooler....Something you could hose the blood out of at the end of the week......Im gonna go look at it next week.....I was hopeing someone had seen one like it in person.....THANKS for all the great advice... ( you guys are GOOD at spending someone elses money)

rlwm211

I have a deuce with an S280 in the bed. From what I can see, you have a petty good looking winch deuce with a shelter that has more volume than an S280 inside, but if it is not insulated will be very uncomfortable in any but moderate weather conditions.

I had an option to swap for a shop van body off a deuce and kept my shelter for two reasons.

1) I can have the shelter pulled off by a friend with a roll back and use my truck as a straight up cargo truck and it is pretty easy to get the shelter on and off this way. Additing to this benefit is that I can use the shelter off the truck.
2) The S-280 has 2 inches of high density foam insulation making it comfortable and pretty easy to control the temperature inside. Much easier to heat than a shop van body in my opinion.

You can take whatever path you want to, but you also need to identify what you want your deuce to do for you and whether this truck fits the bill or not.

Just my two hundredths of a dollar's worth

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks