• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 W/W recovery - Georgia to Louisiana

H

Hank.

Well, the recovery has started. My wife and I left Baton Rouge at 5:30pm in our Expedition. Dinner at McAlister's in Slidell at 6pm. Pics to follow when we arrive in Georgia tomorrow morning.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
got a call from him this afternoon.. truck running super.. only issue is the temp is kinda high.. he has 1100s singled out and pushing it some... 2300 rpms .. i suggested that he slow down some and then see what its running.. was around 230 deg.. he is driving in a super hard rain storm now.. we are getting a whipping.. almost 7 inchs so far today.. not letting up.. looks like he will be home after 1100 or so tonight.. ill post again if he checks back with me.. :beer:

H

Hank.

Wife couldn't take any more of the Mardi GRAS traffic. We stopped off for the night in Mobile. Pics and video to follow! Slowed down to 2000rpm and the temp stays constant at 220F. I will troubleshoot the cooling system when I get home. I will check the oil and coolant and a bunch of other stuff in the morning.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
he told me that he stopped at a rest area and with truch running and he under the hood it didnt feel super hot nor did it have any signs of water boiling out or hear any signs that you usually hear from a over heating eng.. the guage could be wrong.. lets see if he chims back with a update

H

Hank.

We are back home in Louisiana. I will post pictures and videos tonight!

Thanks for all of the prayers everybody!

off_sho_cajun

Good job hank, glad to hear u made it safe. I know the weather u drove through was really rough, been getting hit with the same stuff all yesterday. I "was" bummed cause i missed mardi gras this year because im offshore, but after i saw the weather, i was kind of glad to be here. But good job on bringing ur new toy home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks