• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Waterloo Powersteering question pitmen arm

Hummer Guy

Alright, so I'm almost finished with this power steering kit, but ran into one problem. My tire is rubbing against the pitmen arm on just a small right turn does anyone know the solution to this or is this kit even usable with the NDT tires? Yes, I have super single tires and MRAP rims but didn't want to get to that yet, neither do I want to instantly get to that for those to rub as well.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I run 11.00R20 and in a right turn with a lot of pressure on the tire (i.e. offroad) I "can" get it to rub on the castle nut. Not in normal driving. Double-check your arm orientation and angles; I think the rims for an M135 give 2 inches more offset (to the outside) and that might be a cheap solution to keep the NDTs for now.

You did not say when the tire rubs; if it is at the very end of turning the wheel all the way, just adjust the stop on the steering knuckle and you are done. Might not even need much. Also, you can smoothen the castle nut some.

Good luck!

Hummer Guy

I run 11.00R20 and in a right turn with a lot of pressure on the tire (i.e. offroad) I "can" get it to rub on the castle nut. Not in normal driving. Double-check your arm orientation and angles; I think the rims for an M135 give 2 inches more offset (to the outside) and that might be a cheap solution to keep the NDTs for now.

You did not say when the tire rubs; if it is at the very end of turning the wheel all the way, just adjust the stop on the steering knuckle and you are done. Might not even need much. Also, you can smoothen the castle nut some.

Good luck!
It's at the very beginning (2nd picture), after taking the wheel off, I believe it's because I didn't align the pitmen arm correctly

Edit: the pitmen arm was on the wrong side

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks