• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 - What are the mechanical weakest links?

bsteinborn

My M35A2 is a recent purchase. Tried driving the truck from CA to TX but the clutch plate went out in AZ. Replaced the clutch plate once it arrived in TX. Later one of the radiator hoses blew, I didn't know how old the radiator rubber hoses are so I replaced them all. Got to thinking I didn't know how old any of the parts are. So I have replaced the wiring harnesses, the rubber brake hoses, converted the air wipers to electric. The engine and transmission run well, no leaks. So I guess I should wait until something breaks but was just wondering if any single component or components causes more trouble than others. Thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The parts could be OE to the truck. You are correct, wait till something breaks! Might want to check the bearings and brakes, it is a single circuit system and if anything goes wrong with the brakes, it could leave you with no brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks