• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 with hard shell over cargo bed

armoredshoe

I have an M35a2 with a metal hard shell over the cargo bed. Does anyone know the proper nomenclature for it? I'm thinking about selling this bed cover later this summer and need to know what to call it. I'm attaching a photo

full side.jpg

fasttruck

The truck is a standard cargo truck with a locally fabvricated collapsable wood shelter over the cargo bed. These were designed to telescope down to reduce the height of the vehicle if it was to be stowed on a ship. uses included but were not limited to, supply tyrucks, mess trucks, various office trucks or maintenance trucks.
When raised there would be enough room to stand up under the roof. You could not put anything high in them that would prevent the roof from going down to the lowered position.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We called them "Build Ups". They were usually made at unit level or post level if they could get the plans approved and funded.
They were often used to store high value items when the unit was in the field or deployed.
The un-insulated metal means hot in the summer and cold in the winter.