• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 with White multifuel engine

alfa59

Hi,

I went to see today a M35A2 with a white multifuel turbo engine. Problem was I couldn't find any further details of the engine.

Does anybody know what type of engine it could be (since it is not a Continental build one)

I heard that the White LDS-427-2 is a bad engine. anybody can tell me why?

I am hesitating to buy this truck....

Regards,

Chris ( from Belgium - Europe)

bomar76

All the engines were built under contract and are the same, White, Hercules,Continental, etc (within type) so there isn't one manufacturer better than the others.
I would avoid a 427 no matter what the manufacterer was.

There should be a data plate on the starboard side of the engine, attached to the block, near the alternator with the engine specs.

MVtrucker

It's my understanding that the LDS-427-2 was one of the first multifuels and it was extremely unreliable. I would never, ever, buy a truck with that engine in it. I base this on what I've heard.

Jones

Same from me on the 427s. It's a weak engine at best.
Don't quote me on this but a lot of the mil.spec. engines are designed to accept parts from each other. That way, if you get into trouble, you're not stuck looking for a replacement part from just that manufacturer. Multifuelers just might be that way too.

bomar76

Again, all the engines (within type) were built under contract and are the same...exact same parts, etc. That was the whole idea...to make evrything completley identical.
Manufacturer doesn't matter one bit.
Every LDT 465-1c will interchange with every other LDT465 1-c ...and the same goes for the 1-d's.
The only time it ever mattered was when it was time for the DoD to send a check to the supplier....who do we pay?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks