• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Zombie Hunter

mattwspeed

Its a bit of a challenge at the moment but I have another fuel tank going on that side with steps and building steps for the other side as well.... its only about 90% complete for now but will be done by CHRISTmas :)

mattwspeed

its custom paint but if i had to give it a name it would be Urban camo.... here are some build pics! There r so many its hard to post em all.. haha..

Attachments

mattwspeed

Fuel tanks, Light bar, big bad A$$ bumper, and rear hide away hitch coming soon! as well as sound bar from jeep wrangler and stereo, tint the windows and a CB radio, running 4'' exhaust with a muffler under the truck and adding a snorkel kit. Shooting for Jan 1 completion...

Attachments

tamangel

an earlier post advised you shortened the frame by 2'.. What position did the rear axle end up in..close to the stock #2 rear axle position or stock #1 rear axle position or...? I'm a fan of long bobbed deuces and am collecting info/pics.. on a single cab config, would it make rear of single cab to end of frame arount 10' then..?

Mike W

Last edited:

mattwspeed

the axle ended up directly between the tandoms.... i didnt want a super long truck and even with a full length m101 bed it was still to long... we took a shot and planned for the exle to split the old tandoms and it worked out great... the truck rides and drives fantastic... used captains chairs and big rear seat from a 91 conversion van- ghetto fabulous van im tellin ya!.lol.. worked perfect... NOTE... I completely replaced the rear floor with 1/8 '' plate and built new under framing to sit on the rails its solid and flat... best way to do it in my opinion and was even easier than trying to use the original floor of the rear cab... just my 2cents

mattwspeed

turning radious is much much sharper... the ease of turning the wheel however is about the same... the 395's didnt hurt it but didnt help either. Power would be nice. THINKING... just thinking of dropping a 7.3L in the truck out of an ambulance and using its Auto tranny... would really love more HP... I know you die hard 465 Guys prob think Im crazy but it might be cool?

Danger Ranger

Not many have actually put a 7.3 in, but a whole crap ton have talked about it....

Just be sure to make it sound good!!!

And keep the manual...or any manual for that matter.

FatBuddhaBoo

Hey Matt, any issues with leaving the gas tank in the original position? I just started my project and it looks like if there's ever an issue with the tank components it'll be a pain to get at the fittings for tank removal.

Also, would it be possible for you to post a straight on side shot of the passenger side? Trying to see how much overhang there is of the cab and the rear of the tank with your configuration. The major difference with mine is I'm putting on the second cab with the vent sections removed so I'm thinking there will be little overhang, which is a concern as I'm not bobbing mine but I plan on upgrading to A3 rims and tires at some point and don't want any rubbing.

mattwspeed

The tank can be a pain to get to but not impossible... enough room to pull the lines and drop the tank.. the over hang from rail to door is about 18" you will need to move the cab arch back to mount the other cab... I put in an all new flat floor in the rear cab and it clears the parking brake by about one inch... the space on my rear cab and the front tandems was very close.... and would hit with super singles 46's but if you are leaving off the vent portion you may be ok... note... leaving that part off will not leave much room in the rear cab for leg room.... you may want to leave that part and slide the tandems back and shorten the bed by a foot? Just not a ton of room in the rear even with the vents... I will text ya some pics if you PM me your number... feel free to come look at the truck to if ya want?... hope this helps?

FatBuddhaBoo

I will text ya some pics if you PM me your number... feel free to come look at the truck to if ya want?... hope this helps?
PM sent...

Cab vent section has already been cut, but the original cab has not been, so there are still some options if needed. Wasn't expecting tons of leg room, but based on my measurements it'd suffice. Can you send a pic of the back section with seats in as well, maybe with a tape measure shot showing how much room you have?