• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2c Died while driving

Racky

Hi guys. I need some help. On my way to work on Monday my truck drove approx 1 mile than started to loose power than acted as if I pulled the shut down handle and died. I shot some either to it and it started and ran than died. Electric fuel pump in tank is working I have fuel coming out of bleeder on top of secondary fuel filters. I loosened up the injector lines and have no fuel coming from there. I have started to remove the lift pump from injector pump and found out I have to remove the front engine mount bolts and either jack up or slide the engine to the passenger side a smidge. I think I am on the right track any help or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Racky

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you tried replacing the fuel filters? They will not let fuel pass if they are full of water. That is the cheapest, quickest check I would do.

garp

Just a note of caution to you. DO NOT ETHER A HOT ENGINE!!!!! I have had the fun of repairing many an engine that this was done too. Cracked heads, blown head gaskets and destroyed pistons that usually come with holes in the block if they run long enough. Ether is intended to raise compresion and aid igntion, add it to an already hot engine and bad crap occurs.:!:

sermis

Replace the filters.

Check the plunger on the IP.
If I am right the plunger it's self is not kooked to the cable and could cut off the fuel if spring is bad.

atvcat33

had same thing happen read below......

ok i got the multifuel too. my truck usually gets warm shuts down as iam coasting or putting the clucth in and or at stop signs, if the truck shuts off while driving i cant restart because it just turns and turns over. turn the power off and back on, INSTANTLY FIRES UP. what i ended up doing was pulling the tharottle out and didnt make a difference, thought i check the fuel pressure

on your tank there is a aluminum block with a allen screw remove that, put a low pressure air gauge on with power off and then turn power on see what you get anything around 3-5 psi is good, start it up and you should get 8psi now remove that bleeder valve and put the same gauge up ther and you should have i belive 2psi. try that, i did and still have issues. i replaced the air filter and iam almost positive that its filters. i have plenty of fuel coming out of injecotors, you should try and see what you get, while running the engine should slow down in rpm when you back out a injector line till you see fuel come out.

Racky

Update

Hi Guys. I found the problem. I removed the hydraulic head and found the high pressure piston seized in the up position. Well after some ferretting around I found a complete injection pump assembly for sale at a great price. But that isnt the best part. My wife got it for me for Xmas. I installed it yesterday in that great weather we had and guess what, Its alive. The truck even runs better than before. I just want to thank all the people that assisted me with advice and knowledge.

Thanks Again and Happy New Year
Racky

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks