• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2C Fire extinguisher location

moreorles2

:roll: Gentlemen, I need some historical perspective please In the dash-10 Op Manual the doctrine states that the fire extinguisher is mounted on the cab in the left rear. I have seen pictures from the desert where this was interpreted to be on the outside of the cab behind the driver. However, the intent I'm pretty sure was for the extinguisher to be behind the drivers seat inside, but I've also seen them mounted on the dash and mounted on the floorboard. Would the 63B types please chime in and tell me what the Commnad Inspections would by off on? Posting any pix would be helpful also. Thanks

ida34

We just put it in the toolbox. We were artillery so we also along one in the back of the gun trucks. We never mounted ours. For CI's we would place all the BII on a piece of canvas in front of the truck in a sort of display.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just saw a cab that had been parted out that had it on the inside of the firewall near the air connector......

Above the passenger's feet.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck has both, the one left, rear of the drivers seat and on the firewall, just left and above the passenger footwell.

Jones

Ours float around depending on the particular truck (35s, 800 series, 900 series) but one, inside in the cab for electrical fires under the dash or hood; and another one, outside near the fuel tank but not so close as to be driven back by the flames, are the accepted locations.

Hookin1

mine is mounted on the trans hump to the right of the shifter...but also has the bracket on the left side behind the drivers seat....i think they moved them from behind the seat when they added seatbelts

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both of my trucks have seat belts. One has the extinguisher under the passenger seat. The other was mounted near the vent under the dash on the passenger side. (not a good spot!) I moved that one to under the passenger seat also.

jasonjc

As I recall when I was in I seem to remember it being in the box in the tool box. Nothing loose was left in or on the trucks or it would be gone

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has a bracket for the DS-2 chemical decon agent bottle behind the drivers seat. It had a bracket on the tranny hump for the F.E. But it rides in the tool box now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Keep in mind that in many of our trucks, the bracket on the floor is for the decon tank. That bracket is shaped a little different from the fire extinguisher bracket.

Attachments

Iron Mike

Stock spot, but altered end user spots too, (field TMs)

My USMC Deuce has it under the Pass seat next to the radio mount?
All 3 of my 1970 Army Deuces have the Fire Extinguisher in same spot,
behind the driver's seat corner, between the cabwall and the seat brackets.
What a Joke, I want to see the Designer or Requesting Officer,
get the F#*@R out if there is a fire!
My Airseat versions have more room to wrestle the bottle out
with both hands while reaching behind the seat.....yeah, right.
Field TBs changes call for mods to be improvised by the Individual Units
for their particular mission statement. (so anywhere the Maint. SSG decided to mount them).

I think that they should be in an unkickable, fast & easily reachable spot in an
instinctual response moment. Ever see Fire come out from under your hood?
My DI: "Sink about dat, ju ladies."
[/quote]