• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2C Insurance providers needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3uka

Re: Insurance

m35a2cowner said:
I have Condif & Skully (MetLife) for $171 a year. Its full coverage ($15,000.00) replacement value and includes towing. There is a mileage limit and not to be used for commercial purposes.
Do you have a phone # or website for them? Would be tempted to check them out.

DrFoster

I've seen two -

Wallew's was $5500 replacement full coverage 300K/300K/50K (uninsured motorist is the last one) and that was $198 a year I think from Travellers Indem Co. / Gulfway Insurance agency in Florida sold the policy.

I called them for a quote a while back and they offered me the same policy for $140 ish a year.

Mine is $7000 replacement, Full coverage 300K/300K/25K (unins. motor) from a State Farm Agent here in CO. I pay $87 per year. (Commercial Class A, Hazmat, Triples, Tanker, and so forth, no accident or tickets.)

liljohn

Man, definitely gotta save this thread!

I think my dad had State Farm as well when he had it. ~$300/year range IIRC.

I checked into a few places but I ran into a lot of:
A) Must be stored indoors (it is right now but won't always be)
B) It's too large
C) Only insure drivers over 25

So for now it's staying under my dad's policy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, I pay right at $200 a year from Gulfway. I have no limitations on driving, trailers or inside storage. My State Farm agent wanted to go commercial. I might be able to find a little cheaper policy but Gulfway insures lots of specialty vehicles including a ton of military trucks.

DrFoster

I had a chance to review the traveller's / Gulfway policy and honestly, the State Farm runs rings around it without any restrictions or "out clauses" in the binder/contract thing they send with the policy.

Not for me, but some love the company! Different strokes, different folks!

ah1955

Just got a quote from a local State Farm agent, $35.00 for 6 months as long as reg. antique,
does not need to be garaged.
This is no coverage on the deuce just the minimum state required liability, at this rate I should be able to add a little more coverage, will have to check out but for now I would be legals to get my reg.(Pa. need proof of ins. to reg.)and drive from shop to house.
The not needing garaged thing is the biggest plus because all the specialty insurance co. seemed to require garage kept.

Towman2277

RE: Insurance

I've got State Farm as a "Historical" vehicle, $198.00 a year, i'm 29 with a Lead Foot!! (I've hit 54 mph in the truck, downhill, loaded, look out!!!!)

dirtyfingernails

I am considering buying an M35 and my state farm agent insisted that because of the weight, it would have to be a commercial policy. The quoted me at $370/6 months. And that's just liability and towing. I am more concerned with the tag agency. When I go to the DMV and give them the title to change over to my name and get tags. How much should I expect to pay in FLorida? The vehicle weight is listed as 12,000 pounds. Thanks.
Steve

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tell your state farm agent to take a long walk off a short pier.

I have state Farm and it's something like $300 a year for a normal, non commercial policy.

They are entering it wrong. It's all up to the agent. Find a better agent or a better carrier.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gave up on State Farm in FL. I use Gulfway in the Tampa area. No restrictions on garage and driving and pay around $200 a year.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is Gulfway jacking me? M35 - $10K agreed value, 300K/300K/25K, $380 per year. and another $300 for insuring the M105 trailer..

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
When calling with a few follow up questions about my deuce quote I was told that they have a minimum quote of $250 for Virginia. I had been asking about lowing the value of the vehicle.

pa.rich

Sounds like alot of variables affect the premium. State its located in, the value of the truck, the type agent you have, they do want to make as much as they can off you.I am presently getting started on pricing from different co's. and thanks for the input guys.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Joseph that is the best rate I have ever heard on a commercial policy by hundreds of dollars. I have used Progressive before for motorcycles in the past with no problems. Of course all they did was collect my money.

SierraHotel

Just my 2 cents worth, but USAA (which is probably the best auto insurance company in the states) was started by a bunch of Army Air Corps officers pooling their money. If we could get our stuff together, we could probably be self-insured and have the low rates that USAA is known for...like I said, just my 2 cents

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
SierraHotel said:
Just my 2 cents worth, but USAA (which is probably the best auto insurance company in the states) was started by a bunch of Army Air Corps officers pooling their money. If we could get our stuff together, we could probably be self-insured and have the low rates that USAA is known for...like I said, just my 2 cents
I'd be hip to that.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
That makes sense then as I was getting a good rate when the deuce was an add-on with my other vehicles with geico. Geico decided that they did not want to renew the deuce though when my policy renewal came up. I hate to leave Geico, but I may have to in order to get a good rate with few restrictions. For now I will probably end up with Gulfway as I expect to have limited usage of the deuce for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks