• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2C Recovery from Ft. Lewis

OD_Coyote

I picked up my new M35A2C today. Once I got through security and got signed in with the GL folks I started topping off all the fluids as required and then one of the fine gents from the GL staff brought another M35 over to give my new truck a jump start. I brought a set of 6TL batteries from my other M35, but he saved me the trouble of having to install them.:-D
After I verified everything was topped off, he hooked up the cables and she fired immediately eventhough it was in the mid-30s. Gotta love the sound of the whistler turbo. I let her run at 1200 RPM for about 30 minutes while I mounted a mirror on the drivers side and checked the tire pressure. Once I got the mirror mounted I took her for a quick cruise around the lot and verified the brakes were up to the task. After that I gave here a quick once over again and checked for leaks and verfied all the lights worked. After that I headed out and drove approximately 60 milles to my house. It was nice uneventful drive and the new truck ran great. Here is a picture of her at home safe and sound. The old ugly fella holding up the fender is me.

Attachments

OD_Coyote

Here is a pic of the (2) trucks together. Do you think if I leave them alone long enough I might find a 3rd deuce in the yard some morning?

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sweet!!! It looks so clean and straight.

:beer:

mbwarner

OD, I'm glad it went well for you. As another OUFG who's recovered a couple of these and driven them to Walla Walla, I know it's a major rush when you're far from home and the engine lights right up.

OD_Coyote

The brakes worked great. The M/C was full, but I think the brakes need to be adjusted or the shoes replaced. It will lock the wheels on pavement, but the brakes get applied until the pedal is about 1.5" from the floor board.
I am going to go through the whole brake system while I am waiting for my SF-97. I am also going to change all the fluids and install spin-on oil filter and primary fuel filter adaptors too. Also, the winch I bought from bigmike is now going to be installed on this truck. Then if I win the lotto, I will buy some wheels from ODiron and a set of 14.5s to single her out. Too bad I dont play the lotto.

bigelk50

Well I was always told that you cannot play with scared money!!! The spin ons are a great idea!! I have them on our '72 m35a2

Orionspath

Odee, I felt this way myself couple months back in Pennsylvania. The one I drove 187miles bach to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia was a '71 Kaiser with 54k. Air temp a week prior to Thanksgiving was 28degrees that morning as we drove the three+ hours north @ 0308. Heater was too much for me so I tested the window ( i mean air conditioner) One of my two cousins along on the trip drove his first iron out of the yard in Mechanicsburg. He was elated and we blew smoke as we drove out of the base @ 0830 and stopped to top off the tanks. Not much feels that good......well you guys know what I mean!

Now I know how my wife feels when she and her girlfriends go shopping and come home with the deals! Ha! If she only knew!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck coyote!

That winch will look good on either truck. You gotta get goin' on re-building it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks