• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2s in Louisiana

dcwilkie

The M35A2s posted online somewhere in the universe says they're in Louisiana. So... what are the odds these have been immersed in salt water from Hurricane Katrina? The winch cables are pretty durn rusty...

Last edited:

dittle

Grey area with the post but his question was not about a specific truck. Odds are yes they got wet/submerged, to what degree is unknown. 2cents

croftonaviation

For what it's worth my deuce winch cable looked like a ball of rust but the rest of the truck was rust free. and you would be amazed how well a winch cable can clean up.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The farther north they are the less likely they were flooded, unless they were trucked up there.
I would think that the Guard and Reserve moved their vehicles inland to prevent them from being submerged...but you never know.

goldneagle

Yeah, the "I found this picture somewhere" approach was a better way to ask this question. :wink:
Unless they were specifically stationed in New Orleans or nearby they were not in the flood zone during Katrina. Ft. Polk is over 250 miles North West of New Orleans. I bought a Deuce from there that was a Louisiana National Guard truck 2 years ago and it was in great shape! So was my M820A2 that was bought from the same location 1 year later.

I am pretty sure most of the flood damaged vehicle were scraped for iron or rebuilt since August 2005 -unless they were sitting in a field buried somewhere like the one Tim was talking about in another thread.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be very careful about bidding on Pineville equipment and vehicles. The lot is unsecured and isolated back in the woods. I have seen signs of active scavenging when I've previewed there. Parts that were there one week were missing when I went back a few weeks later after the EUC cleared.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks