• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 battery choices

Bobbeddeuce

One of the batteries in one of my A3's took a poop and wont hold a charge to save its life.
Currently It has Napa 7256 batteries.
What other options are you guys using.
What model interstate is a direct fit replacement for the Napas?

Thanks!

jamawieb

All 6TL's will work, Interest battery is also a 6TL. I've found that Oreilly's auto parts has the cheapest at $180 as long as you have an account.

Smokinyoda

Your cheapest option is group 31 refurbs from Interstate. Last time I bought them they were $45 each, so you could buy two cheaper than one 6tl. Since they should be replaced in pairs anyway this is your best option. I use them on all my trucks.

Smokinyoda

I have used them in both metal and plastic boxes and they fit fine. Some reported they are to long for there plastic boxes. So either there are 2 different sized plastic battery boxes or some group 31s are longer than others. Just measure your box, and measure the batteries before buying. You will probably have to reverse the hardware on your boxes, reverse the screws/bolts so heads are on the inside of box to help with clearance.

wilfreeman

Yep, group 31s. No names are around $75 from a local place. Tractor Supply has them for around $100. I had them in my metal box, and still fit when I switched to the plastic (A3 type) box. I did have to turn some of the screws from the handles around so they wouldn't rub a hole in the battery case and add some treated wood blocks under the batteries because so they would be supported. Check out my blog (address in my signature) - I did my plastic box conversion a few months back.

lawnmowerman

Question to anyone who knows both my batteries went dead within 36 hours. Both seemed to be fine then boom .Maybe 36 hours dead. I mean dead They were the hawker hasp .What the heck happened ? Meter on truck showed fine when shut off truck . It is m35a3.Any words

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Question to anyone who knows both my batteries went dead within 36 hours. Both seemed to be fine then boom .Maybe 36 hours dead. I mean dead They were the hawker hasp .What the heck happened ? Meter on truck showed fine when shut off truck . It is m35a3.Any words
If one of them is bad then it wont start. It will be a dead truck all together. Try a trickle charge and then load test.

Maybe you also have a draw as well that drug em down.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks