• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 beacon lights

wmmscott

Did the M35A3's ever have a flashing beacon light on them? If so, hw many, what size pipe was used to hold the light, what kind of brackets were used to mount them to the bed or cab, and how high above the cab or bed cover were they set?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The kits had a Federal Stock Number and were ordered and installed by individual units.

I was in a HETT unit that had two beacons on each tractor and two beacons on each trailer.

When we convoyed it looked like a disco light show. I found them annoying and distracting at night.

A unit cosisted of one or two beacons, post(s) to mount them on, switches, wiring harness and instructions on where to mount them on different types of vehicles.

You can usually find them at large rallys or from the "Usual Suspects" that sell parts.

Thunder in NWOR

I purchased a convoy light kit at the MVPA convention.
Just last month, my son and I put it on our M35A3.
We decided to mount only one light, put it on the driver's side.
(For my needs - one is enough to provide visibility I want.)
Mounted it to the existing bracket for the MB ring leg mount.
No holes to drill. All parts in the kit.
Just "plug and play"
Took longer to decifer the instructions than to install.

Shop around - "prices may vary".....

wmmscott

I've looked on the Internet and have not found any of the light kits and mounting brackets. Can anyone give me the names of any companies that may have them?

M813A1

It is very easy just get 4 U bolts anduse the holes beind the cab and install the U bolt into the cab and put the pipe in !! Pretty simple to do, should take less then 25 minutes to do !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks