• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Bow & Tarp Kits

ohfiredude

For my deuce, I want to get a bow & tarp kit. Will I need the wooden side rails to hold the bow supports or can I get bow supports that actually fit into the bed? BTW, bow & tarp kits are really hard to find.

Thanks! OFD

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you need the troop seats to install the bows. I have seen trucks with bows and a cargo cover without the seats, but the bows do not fit tightly into the stake pockets in the bed. GMA Cover Corporation sells complete kits with the bows, but you will pay retail for them. They are available surplus...even possibly in the classifieds as AMX stated (I did not check).

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeah Pete / pctrans in FL has the kits. Im looking into a set for myself now if I can get a guy to bring them up to me.
Try searching SS for things like this, your statement about looking for cargo covers might seem to some as a Want To Buy ad, Jay

ohfiredude

Guys, thanks for the suggestions! I am about finished up installing my hard top and seats that i had new covers put on. Next stop is the cargo cover.

Akicita

Ohfiredude,
I just picked up a set of used bows and a tarp from Kublos Surplus in PA two weeks ago.
He had plenty more, and I know he also ships to locations in the US. Give Ken a call.

SSG Rock

At most any MV swap meet you can find these items. Sometime you may find one person that has it all or may have to piece part together. All items can be found no problem.

ohfiredude

Thanks guys, nice to know there are plenty around. I was having a hard time finding the kits in catalogs for places like Eastern Surplus, Colemans, etc...

Dustyh

Ohfiredude, we have two sets of covers, bows and troop seats. I realize we are a long ways from you but we are trying to find someone that would be willing to come get them plus all the CTIS stuff we took off the two A3's we have. All parts are just sitting around our fire station and if someone could get some use out of them we would be willing to sell everything for a reasonable price. We could definitly use the money, the last three to four months have been very busy and costly for our department.

Happyland1410

Ohfiredude, we have two sets of covers, bows and troop seats. I realize we are a long ways from you but we are trying to find someone that would be willing to come get them plus all the CTIS stuff we took off the two A3's we have. All parts are just sitting around our fire station and if someone could get some use out of them we would be willing to sell everything for a reasonable price. We could definitly use the money, the last three to four months have been very busy and costly for our department.
Are those troop seats wood or fiberglass?

ohfiredude

Dustyh,

Thanks! How much would one set cost? Can you ship a set to Ohio if I pay all shipping & crating material costs too?

NewWheeler

I bought a cover kit with new Bows, Corners and Stakes off the classifieds here a while back and as a result have my old set of Wooden Bows, Corners and Stakes that I'd be willing to donate to anyone who needed them.
They're not in the best shape but they are usable. I'm not really interested in shipping the bows and stakes but I'd ship the corners if that's all you need. Or, if anyone wants to pick them up you can have the whole shooting match.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have fiberglass sideracks and metal over fiberglass bows in GA but would also need some means figured to get them north.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks