• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 brake fluid

SEAFIRE

In case you didn't know, [FONT=&quot]DOT 3 and DOT 4 specifications are for glycol based (regular) brake fluid, while DOT 5 is for silicone based brake fluid[/FONT].

Another local VFD used regular brake fluid in their deuces and eventually completely fried the brake systems in both of their trucks.

We get DOT 5 from NAPA and we've also gotten some 5-gallon buckets from the local National Guard.

DOT 5 silicon brake fluid
MIL-B-46176
MIL-B-46176B

[FONT=&quot]Also do not use DOT 5.1 either.....

Hope this helps.......
[/FONT]

Steaminjim

You might pull one of the wheel brake cylinders on each vehicle and evaluate how much brake work each needs. Came as a big surprise to me.
RGRG on the surplus DOT 5 - you can't afford DOT 5 from the local auto parts store.

marcinsandpoint

if you need some DOT 5 there is a guy on the west coast that has it by the gal. in the original gal metal containers NOS.. i just went over and got 2 gal from him last week ..
PM me if you need the number