• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 cab heater and mount info site

MVtrucker

Here's a site that I created in order to help installers. The main thing is the mounting plate specifications. There are other types, but this one always worked good for me and it's easy to fabricate out of 1/8" sheet http://hometown.aol.com/joeyounginc/page1.html
I've used some that are simply an ell with a lip on the bottom for bolting to frame. Easier yet to make, but not as sturdy.

MVtrucker

Thanks for the thanks, I appreciate that.
At one time I had a lot of pics of an installation. I did it to show a truck customer in OR that had me install a heater before shipping the truck. In cleaning out my files, I went too far and deleted the pics :(

cten

While were on the subject.

I have not read the section on the manual of how this works yet.

Do you just open the vent and turn the switch on high or low.

Or is it more involved than that.

Regards,

Monster Man

cten said:
While were on the subject.

I have not read the section on the manual of how this works yet.

Do you just open the vent and turn the switch on high or low.

Or is it more involved than that.

Regards,
nope, that does it. I leave my vent open all the time, I've found that crusing down the road with fan motor off I get almost as much hot air forced into the cab as with the motor on. I use the motor when I park it to cool down the engine, or if I'm stopped somewhere

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks