• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 camper canversion

sierra117

I finally decided to convert my a3 to a camper. I picked up this pickup camper cheap it was once a popup version but someone had converted to regular camper it looks a rough on the outside but the inside it pretty good. As you can see in the photos I put on a 6"x6" on top of a 4"x6" so it will clear the drain tank and the cab it also help me when I go put it on the deuce. Enjoy the pics. More to come stay tuned.

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a great project.[thumbzup]
So many folk are doing the camper thing that I might have to do it too.
I mean since I have a spare truck and an old camper.
Keep us posted with the progress and thanx for the pix.
Any ideas on how you are going to get it into the back of the truck?

sierra117

I plan on using the ramps I use for my 6x6 atv and pulling it up from the trailer with ethier a come along or a 8000lb utility winch it depends if the winch wants to cooperate.

Puttin' a camper in a Deuce is vary bad for you mental health.

First you get the green disease, It's really an addiction and an expensive one.
Second you get the RV disease, Also an expensive addiction.

Then your wife finds out how much you're spending on these addictions and the next thing you know she wants Doony and Bourke purses and new shoes.

So with the guilt you now feel you say sure get your shoes and purses not realizing that its gonna cost you more than you could ever have dreamed. Now your broke and can't finish your super awesome motor home.

But you can take solace in the fact that your wife looks HOT with her new shoes and purse.

sierra117

Got it in the truck today. I used two 4 ton come alongs I got cheap at menards to pull it in had the my dad on the other come along and my doubled up 2x12 ramps to pull it up on from the car trailer I hauled it home on it worked great. I had to cut off 4" of the corner trim after that it was a perfect fit between the sides of the bed.

Attachments

armytruck63

You forgot to paint it green!

I was thinking a longer 12 foot camper would be the way to go since it fills up the whole bed, but I like how you have room at the rear of the camper for a dirt bike etc.

Looking good. You should measure your overall height before hitting a low tree branch, bridge, or gas station awning.

sierra117

Did'nt get alot done on the camper project just chasing electrical gremlins mostly because somebody that had the camper before me rewired it and disconnected the power converter on the 12 volt side for reasons unknown it still works fine. Some helpful advice make sure you hook up the battery the right way if you hook it up wrong you''ll have trouble. Spent some time replacing wires on the heater. I also trimmed the door for the propane tank storage. Tommorow's task generator install.

sierra117

Got the generator mounted on the back of the truck and piped the exhaust through the bottom of the bed I plan to run the flex pipe toward the fender on the passenger side where I am mounting the muffler. I also took the troop sides turned them around and put them back on I think looks alright it covers up the sides and as a added bonus I can flipped down the troop sides and I have a small deck and I have access behind as well.

Attachments

sierra117

I have the ability to hook to shore power or the generater or a house battery that is hooked to my 24 to 12 power converter and a battery charger hooked to my shore power plugin to charge it when not in use, I also planning to install solar panels and maybe a 12volt wind generater (when funds permit). I have gotten most of what I wanted to finished, I had to rerun the water lines to the bathroom after they had froze with them ran inside they should'nt freeze.Got the plugin for the generater installed I also traded my bows and cargo cover for a nice boarding ladder which made getting in and out all the time easier made use of the jacks took them apart and used them for a hand rail on the ladder. I have also put my 38 flat screen xbox 360 bluray player and had the dish guy come out and put sattelite tv in

Attachments

sierra117

I finally got to painting the camper I did not get it all done I still got to pull the soft top off so I can get the area above and behind the cab and a few spots here and there but it is an improvement

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks