• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 camper canversion

sierra117

I believe it is 11'8" if I remember correctly.Yes the dish comes off it is on a mobile mount that way I have the flexibilty to put it anywhere on the truck or off.

M1031CMT

Nice job. The camo makes it look much better.

It looks like the slide-in has a washroom in it. Did you cut part of the bed so that you can access the dump ports?

sierra117

I didn't. Need to i had to use a 6x6 with a 4x6 to raise up the camper to clear the cab and the tanks. I can reach the valves for the drain i just leave one hose section hooked up and cap the hose

Roebuck

I was wondering if you secured it into the bed in way or is it just placed in there? I'm going to do something silimar and I really liked how your one turned out. Good work!

sierra117

The camper is tied down I used chain binders to hold it down did not like it just sitting there you would be suprised how much stuff like this will move if it is not.

Roebuck

Glad to hear that, I had visions of it going end over end backwards if you go up a hill. Do you take the camper off at all and if so how much of an annoyance is that to do? I'm planning on using a travel trailer and cannot decide if I want to just roll it into the bed and tie it down or actually remove the axle to get a lower height and have it be slide in style like yours.

sierra117

For now it is staying on the truck if I take it of it is going to bed and all as I think taking just the camper on and off would be hard on the camper I thought about getting another bed to swap around I figured this was easier too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks