• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 check valve alternative question

guns1977

Ive been reading up the the common check valve sticking issue. Is there any real danger to completely take it out? I know of it being done with no affect on any fuel drain back. Truck cranks easily anytime. Or is there another option to prevent the stick check valve issue? Elec fuel pump to assist the mechanical supply pump? Just considering other options.
Thanks

sue

Ive been reading up the the common check valve sticking issue. Is there any real danger to completely take it out? I know of it being done with no affect on any fuel drain back. Truck cranks easily anytime. Or is there another option to prevent the stick check valve issue? Elec fuel pump to assist the mechanical supply pump? Just considering other options.
Thanks
It’s easy to clean, seems like a 1/2” ball

blueeagle79

Thanks
I have had my M35a3 for about 7 years and it has always started right up. On Veterans day it wouldn't start. After researching with the help of posts like yours, I finally got around to cleaning the check valve yesterday, and started right up. Thanks.

MAdams

The check valve is needed and without it the truck will be hard to start if it sits for a few days. They are easy to take apart and clean. Mine had a big piece if silicone stuck in it and was clogged

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The check valve is needed and without it the truck will be hard to start if it sits for a few days. They are easy to take apart and clean. Mine had a big piece if silicone stuck in it and was clogged
Question. Exactly where is this check valve located? Having starting issues
on my M36A2 multifuel engine and am thinking of adding such a valve.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35A3 occasionally would starve for fuel and I had to clean the check valve. The check valve would be plugged with trash. After about 5 - 6 episodes, I drained the fuel tank. I pressure washed the inside of the tank removing globs of goo and trash. Afterwards, I used a garden sprayer and rinsed the tank out with isopropyl alcohol to get all of the water out. I have never had a problem since. The check valve is very easy to remove and clean. I always keep tools on board to remove the check valve for cleaning when out on the road. I have always been amazed at how easy the CAT 3116 engine starts. Always less than one revolution of the engine in decent weather.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks