• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Combat Rims

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
10-02-2008, 19:19-------

By the by... I have over 50 A3 wheels being delivered in the next 2-3 weeks... If anyone is interested in pre-sales to help offset my cost on these please email me.
10-03-2008, 21:10-------
Guys check your PM's... I now have payment or deposits down on all but 11 of the 50 wheels I had so if your wanting them ya might want to get a move on...
10-05-2008, 01:02 -------
make that 4 wheels left....
-----------
Reviving this old thread to ask a new simple question: has anybody ever seen/gotten at least one of these... ??????
(14 are mine.... seller is MIA .....!!!!!!!) :roll::-x

G.

DUECE-COUPE

M35A3 rims come with the run flat on the original set up. The run flat is a must when using the CTIS system as it locks the bead so the tire can be aired down for a bigger foot print. as for the break down, a tire iron, a 2x2 block of wood, and a swing hammer for breaking the bead is really all you need. i can break one down in about an hour from lug nut off to lug nut on. a 5 gal bucket is nice to have as well since the tire needs to drop all the way on to the rim so you can put the ring back on. i up them on my truck and the only thing i have had a problem with is the "O "ring not sealing. i used the old rings, and would recommend new rings if you are going to do it right. as for the 14.00x 20's. the bead is 2 inches and the bead on the 14.50x20 is 1 3/4. you can use the run flat on the 14.00, but you will have to redice the runflat width by 1/2 inches. on the up side, the 14.00x 20 tire look AWSOME on the combat rim.

Welder

can someone tell me what the backspacing is on the m35a3 combat wheels? I am having a set of wheels made for my new truck; running 2.5T Rocks, and I don't want my wheels hanging a mile out each side of the truck. So I'm looking for the backspacing on the front and rear wheels.

Have a good one!

spicergear

The A3 wheels are indeed 11" so if you're going to run a beadlock insert...make sure it's the right width. You may also get a surprise if you go to slip in a typical OTR valve stem. The hole in the wheel for the tubeless stem is larger...I went to a very well supplied tire shop and they were able to locate AG stems for me that fit the large diameter stem hole. They're also the larger size stem so I put an adapter on the end to bring it down to standard sized valve size. It all fit perfectly out the stem hole in the outer face of the wheel and looks like it's supposed to be there. I'll grab a pic or two tonight-

Last edited:

spicergear

Here are a few pics of my mounted 'A3 wheels with 12.5 R20 MPT80 Continentals. You can see that they're right out to the edge of the fender and you can also see the style of AG stem I used and the adapter. The adapter simply brings the large diameter stem down to standard civvy size valve stem that can be aired up anywhere. I'm taxing my memory but I think the standard commercial valve stem hole was like 11/16" and the 'A3 hole was 13/16"...it was something like that- please don't quote me for sure on those sizes.

Attachments

Last edited:

opie65

Do you know if you HAVE to flip the Rear Hubs for the A3 Wheel - 15.5 combo? I'm planning to do the flip, but don't have the time right now.

I'm looking at the Pivot Cover on the Rear Spring, and it looks like I might get interference if I don't flip the hubs. (I AM going to, but I don't have time for the tear-up.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks