• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 cover?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you search the classifieds or post a want ad ( want ads are free ) ?
Check out your local military truck shows or swapmeets . Or try the major vendors like T.J. Murphy , Eastern Surplus , White Owl , C & C equipment ect.

Information on installing can be found in the TM's , which can be found in the resources section.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition, there is a bow kit specific for dropsides; it has latches on the metal corner pieces that hook onto bolts sticking out from the horizontal roof supports to facilitate quicker breakdown. The assumption is that, with a dropside, you will need to remove/replace the cargo cover much more often to facilitate opening the sides.

In reality, other than being "correct", it does nothing. Most owners do not use the drop sides regularly and if they do, they do not drive around with the full cover on all the time. Much less hassle to leave the cargo cover and bows at home when you go pick up that load of gravel...

What I am trying to say is, you might be as well off getting whichever bow set you can find, dropside specific or not. They all work fine. I recommend fiberglass over hardwood, for longevity reasons.

What I do recommend is to ensure you have the 2 rear dropside arrester bars that hook into the cargo bed; they are missing on a lot of trucks and help to keep the sides from bowing to the outside.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What I do recommend is to ensure you have the 2 rear dropside arrester bars that hook into the cargo bed; they are missing on a lot of trucks and help to keep the sides from bowing to the outside.
Not really, those are only there to support the troop seats when the tailgate is down.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also recommend to check a well known internet auction site for bows *hint*. They might even be the correct corner pieces.... :whistle:

ares1986

Thanks all I picked the truck up at a steal but no cover I just wanted in case I ever needed it so now that I know both sets will work that makes it easier I just wandered if anyone sold it as a whole kit or if I had to buy the pieces individually.and I didn't know if thirty was a heigt difference between a dropside and reg beds I picked the truck up for 4000 and the only thing I've had to work in was the ctis .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the troop seats? While not totally nessisary they do play an important part for the cover.