• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 crew cab in GA begins...

usmctopgun

M35A3CC begins in GA...

So technically it hasn't began, as I'm still buying parts, but here's what I have so far. Torch comes out in a couple weeks :wink:

What I have so far.
1997 AM General M35A3 winch truck w/ hard top
donor cab, thanks wreckerman
MRAP seats (5)
(4) 24v GoLight Stryker Lights w/ wireless dash and handheld remotes
(5) 16.00x20 along w/ BLACKROCK FABRICATION 8" lift!
35amp 24v to 12v convertor to run stereo and misc electronics
LED tails, turns, and headlights
8 gallons flat black CARC
MRAP A/C 24v 30k BTU
Overhead gun rack
locking center console
AMP Powersteps w/ extensions

She'll also be getting a full exoskeleton and roof rack, along with some surprises.

Pics of the day I got her.

Attachments

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AWESOME! We got dueling quadcab projects operating realtime!

Check the classifieds for a pair of doors. I went deep into the ads just this evening and saw a pair for sale. Please don't ask me to go look again!

I gotta say, it's hard to pay attention to what you write with your avatar being what it is....

Regards,

Rick

Flat Black

why the CARC? No reason for it really (IMO)

Talked to SoilentGreen on pirate about it at length, he is a distributor for PPG (i think) and an avid milveh guy. What I remember is that its a pain in the a$$ to put on right, take off and deal with in general. The military used it for resistance to chemical agents, which obviously wont be an issue on your truck. Just use regular paint and be done with it.

The flats also show and collect dirt very easily in addition to showing every little imperfection in the metal and paint. A satin or a matte finish helps with this some.

usmctopgun

why the CARC? No reason for it really (IMO)

Talked to SoilentGreen on pirate about it at length, he is a distributor for PPG (i think) and an avid milveh guy. What I remember is that its a pain in the a$$ to put on right, take off and deal with in general. The military used it for resistance to chemical agents, which obviously wont be an issue on your truck. Just use regular paint and be done with it.

The flats also show and collect dirt very easily in addition to showing every little imperfection in the metal and paint. A satin or a matte finish helps with this some.

My buddy here in Mid GA is a PPG rep as well, and he did some research on it, talked to guys who actually spray it for the military, and they claimed its about the best option for flat black. Most flat blacks start looking chalky after a while, they say this stuff doesn't. On top of that I got 8 gallons for free to use as a demo to see if I like it :)

usmctopgun

Slowly but surely...did a little more sheet metal this weekend, along with finishing floor. Made an access panel for getting to parking brake, and the hard top will still be removable.

Getting ready to fab mounts for the MRAP seats and locking center console. Looking forward to sitting on the memory foam!

Attachments

usmctopgun

Finishing up the rear lift (Black Rock), attached a few pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

usmctopgun

Finished up the rear portion of the lift, and the base for the center console. Below the center console will be the marine 35amp 24 to 12v convertor, along with a fuse block for 4 12v receptacles, the radio, and a handful of other misc electronics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks