• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 electrical issue.

knipex

:-?Picked up a M35A3 from GL back in July. Drove truck to the farm and started and drove it every week or 2 and it always fired up with no issues until the one day when I tryed to start it and there was nothing. Tested batteries and 1 was bad. Took both batteries to battery mart in town and they tested both batteries and confirmed that one was bad. Purchased new 6tl and took off for the farm. Installed batteries and turned the master switch on the low air light blinks but does not stay on. Removed master switch and tested with ohm meter and switch seems to be good. Appears ot have 2 24 volt feeds that plug in the line side of the switch. Two lines that plug in the load side of the switch. When messing with the connection the buzzer and light came on intermittently but very briefly. Sometimes when messing with the switch the back of my hand would hit the heater blower switch and it would come on also intermittently. Another observation that I have made is that when I turn the blower motor switch on and it does not fire up the 24 volts I previously had at the switch goes away. When I turn the blower switch off the 24 volts at the switch comes back. I thought it seemd like a ground issue so I cleaned up the ground where i attaches to the frame. It did not seem to make any difference. I tried bypassing the switch and it still makes no difference. Does anybody have any troubleshooting advice? Is there a troubleshooting manual that I can download that would steer me in the correct direction? Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark

mktopside

Banned
It was an embarrassingly stupid problem..... :oops:

I freaked out for a second, then debated calling the wife, or AAA. But when I saw that I could pull up the TM on my phone I said "Nah, I got a multi meter, the TM, and a 24 hour drug store with enough 5 hour energy drinks to keep me working until dawn..... I'll just fix it here"

2 minutes later it was fixed. Someone had hand tightened one of the bolts on that battery cable block behind the battery box, it had come loose. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks