• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 exhaust height

whyme

be aware that although there are many resources that can provide you with the spec height of the truck in various configurations you will find alot of variance between those numbers and some of the "real world" trucks. in the case of stack height i have seen a lot of unit modified stacks for various reasons. at any rate you could remove for shipping it if it exceeded your clearance requirements.

other reasons for height differences (off the top of my head) would be tires though not as much on the a3 (at least in service trucks) and of course modified cargo covers. ive seen a bunch with home brew hard top box type encloses on the bed as well as higher than normal soft tops.

Last edited:

gijoe

The shipping height showed the overall heights not less canvas, we are TRYING to ship these trucks on a regualar flat bed not a drop deck like it
really should be. Bought 2 trucks and will need to sell one. thanks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to have someone measure their A3 for you and then add a safety margin. I'd measure mine for you, but I'm working in Minnesota this week.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A simple google search(M35A3 height) brought this up.

Someone posted it on Uship

Length: 22 ft 0 in.
Width: 7 ft 2 in.

Height: 9 ft 7 in.
Weight: 13900 lbs
Measurements: Exact (measured)

and this was on Craigslist

Vehicle Weight: 13,260 lbs
Total Length: 266 Inches
Cab Height: 101 Inches
Exhaust Stack Height: 111 Inches

and this on eBay

Vehicle Weight: 13,260 lbs
Total Length: 266 Inches
Cab Height: 101 Inches
Exhaust Stack Height: 111 Inches
Width at Mirrors: 117 Inches
Bed Width: 95 Inches
Bed Length: 154 Inches
Bed Height: 66 Inches
Tire Height: 42 Inches
Tire Width: 13 Inches

Last edited:

mktopside

Banned
If you take the V-band clamp off the stack, it puts the height at right about 6'8".

Reference pic below.

FWIW. The seat belt towers are the highest point on the truck when the stack is off, the windshield is down, and the mirrors are removed.

Attachments

whyme

I might be wrong on this but isn't the standard cargo bed 8'x12'? I
That would make it kinda hard for the truck to be 7'2" wide... Not that the width is relevant to this topic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks