• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 floor cover

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a rubber top layer with a softer rubber backing about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. It looks like the same material that Navistar uses on their trucks. I don't know how it's mounted, the one I saw had most of it pulled up. I think it would be a good addition, but on the other hand, it would hold moisture and cause rust.

Monkeyboyarmy

Most of it just sits in position without fasteners but the piece around the trans tunnel has some small straps and sheet metal screws.And you are right Will,traps dirt and water.

fsudad1958

I put it in my A2. Cut the gear noise way down ordered it from DB Engineering . Its 3/8 inch thick, mat on top foam on the bottom. We use the same in equipment don't have any rust problems with it.:razz:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What came on the floor of the A2? From what I remember from my days in the Army, the floors were plain OD paint. I've seen some since that appear to have some type of textured paint or sand added to the paint.

jwaller

it is a layer of insulation, foam covered in a thin top rubber layer. trucks that sit a lot will rust with these as they trap water. trucks that get used can evaporate the water that gets trapped. yet another example of a good idea if your going to use your truck.

the TM say to apply MEK to the back and stick it in place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks