• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Fording

Jbrowning22

I mean, I'm glad my A3 has the ability to do such a thing............IN AN EMERGENCY...... But I can't say I'd ever want to take my truck for an afternoon boating trip like that guy.

eagle4g63

Man I can't wait to do something like that with my truck!!!! Been running all the necessary lines(like the slober tube)

That's one of the reasons I bought my truck!! Just gotta find a place that I can do it without having to worry like everyone said (not sure about what is under the water:shock:)

plym49

I almost wonder if the boat was there FOR safety...as in the kids could jump in it if the driver got in a bit too far. Someone else mentioned this, but how could he possibly have enough faith that the water would not drop off in spots or there were no tree stumps, rocks, etc. I enjoyed watching the video, though!
Maybe he was still towing the boat trailer. :)

Oops, all tuckered out beat me to it!

Last edited:

plym49

How awesome is that video shot of a truck intercepting that boat!?

We can easily forget how capable these vehicles are. It's good to see what they are capable of.

It was a little scary seeing how close the water came to the inlet tube. It looked like a little bit slurped in at one point, from the video shot from the POV of the boat. Did he not also have some sort of flapper valve atop the ait inlet? What is that?

goodguyzy

Ive always wondered how these trcks are submersible. How would it work with the belt fan, wouldnt the blades deflect and bend towards the radiator? Couldnt the engine block or exhaust manifold crack because of the extreme and rapid temperature difference? Couldnt water enter through the valve cover vent/slobber tube?
Fan is only on when the engine hits 200, so thats not a problem. And yes after a swim like that you would have to drain all your fluids and refill. Im sure he will do that, not.

goodguyzy

How awesome is that video shot of a truck intercepting that boat!?

We can easily forget how capable these vehicles are. It's good to see what they are capable of.

It was a little scary seeing how close the water came to the inlet tube. It looked like a little bit slurped in at one point, from the video shot from the POV of the boat. Did he not also have some sort of flapper valve atop the ait inlet? What is that?
I don't see a flapper, only the mushroom on top of the can.

trukhead

I woneder if a functioning CTIS will keep the water out of the hubs and wheel bearings?:jumpin:

Will a 1-5 psi air circuit from a fording kit hurt the tranny? Blow fluid past the seals and starve it for fluid??:cookoo:

Do the axles, transfer case and the tranny with a fording kit, will it work?:mrgreen:

TMNT

He probably just puts it in the back of the truck. Those skiffs are pretty light; easy to move around by hand.

dgardner

Banned
According to the comments on YouTube, it was a flooded gravel road, so any "surprises" should be minimal unless there was a strong current that washed out part of the road. Still... definitely don't envy the axle work after that little adventure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks