• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Front Axle Leak

Clay James

I put grease on the U joints, the thrust washers and in the spindle bushings, but don't fill up the knuckles like the military does. Seems to work fine so far.

MikeON

Navo:
Is your truck still staying dry? I just installed new silicone zipperless boots, inner and outer seals, wheel cylinders, and brake hoses in the front axle. Without the truck being moved at all, this morning I see something like a light oil or brake fluid dripping off the 4 bottom bolts and back of the brake plate, just like your pictures. I pulled off the right brake drum and inside the drum and brake assembly were clean and dry. I used Permatex on the inner seal and retainer, and on the spindle flange. I did not use it on the bottom kingpin retainer plate and 4 bolts. I don't think it is gear oil because the differential is low and there was not significant amount of oil in the axle housing.
Thanks,
Mike

Navo

Mike,

Did you bleed the breaks yet? I think my problem was, I bled the breaks before putting silicone around the break line. I think a mixture of break fluid and the cleaner I was using made its way down around the housing and was seeping out of the four bolts and between the plates.

I did add RTV and Teflon tape to the kinpin Bolts on the passenger side. However When I broke down the passenger side and noticed everything was fine, I didnt touch the driver side.

I haven driven her almost 500 miles and no leakes! So basicly if you feel you installed everything correctly give it a few days to seep out. OR you can go ahead and add the RTV and Teflon tape.

Let me know!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks