• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Heater Filter?

motomacguyver

So, on my M35A3 some thing on the passenger side (vs. the engine side) of the heating unit leaks. (Smells like coolant Real bad) Today I took it apart. It looks like the intake hoses to the heater core got crushed due to hose clamps being over tightened.

My questions are, Is there an air filter in the metal box with the heater core? The box has about 2/3rd's of its area open with nothing in it. The box also has a filter cleaning tag mounted on it. This leads me to believe that the heater has an air filter installed into the system. Can anyone confirm this? If so what is the part # or civi cross reference?

Second, does any one know of a source for the heater core itself? I looked through the TM's and the heater core isn't even listed.

Thanks.

kilness

About a year ago my heater core developed a leak and I took it to a local radiator shop and they soldered it and corrected the problem. I went to napa and they tried to cross it with a civi heater core but was a no go. Also tried to use a close match and run hoses out of the box but couldn't even find a core that would fit in he box right. If you find a surplus core let me know I'd buy one as well. Anyway, cost $20 to get it soldered. Hope that helps.

mktopside

Banned
Mine had a decent drip from it as well. I looked at it and decided fixing it would be a problem for another day. When I changed the coolant I tossed in a bottle of BG universal cooling system sealer, and the drip stopped within a few minutes. Been holding since December.

It's on the list of things to do, but it's pretty far down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks