• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Insurance in VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trailfinder

Just called Progressive and they will not insure M35A3 for personal use in VA due to the size of the vehicle. Has anyone been able to insure a M35A3 in VA and which insurance company was it?

Thanks.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have State Farm insurance in Georgia for my M35A3. It's a commercial policy restricted to non-commercial use. No problems and reasonable price.

mktopside

Banned
Just called Progressive and they will not insure M35A3 for personal use in VA due to the size of the vehicle. Has anyone been able to insure a M35A3 in VA and which insurance company was it?

Thanks.
I have Allstate in Virginia. Secondary vehicle, recreational use, less than 7500 miles a year. They know everything about the truck and didn't have a problem with it. Good luck though, Allstate can be very subjective at times and maybe it was easier for me since I have 6 vehicles and a house with them.

Rustygears

I had problems with USAA backing out of a quote on a deuce, despite insuring 10 cars and a house with them never a claim in 35 years - they're A-holes. I found through this site Gulfway in FLA and they insured my Cali A3 at half the price of the USAA quote for full coverage. The only restriction was "no commercial use" - OK. The policy was issued through Travellers Insurance, who is a well known and reputable company.

Bigmanbrock07

Sounds like I need to look these gulfway people up. Mind if I ask what some of you are paying a year? I don't plan on driving this thing but a couple thousand miles a year. Maybe pulling my tractor or some such in the deep woods or working over a parade maybe. I don't want to go spending a hundred a month or some such if I can find it cheaper. :)

camp9

I just got a M35A3 too, and ended up getting a comm. policy with State Farm. It's going to be about $600/year.

Camp

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

My A2 is insured by Allstate. I just called and said I am going to buy an old army truck that is this big and weighs this much and it's just to drive occasionally for fun. They said no problem. They also seemed more intersted in asking questions for personal curiosity. I am going to get a quote from Gulfway sometime just to see what they say.

wbdodgeiv

I have a commercial policy underwritten by Travelers, I believe I got it from Gulway. It classic car insurance, there are no restrictions on use. I found passing an inspection to be way more difficult than insurance.

Flyingvan911

Our mechanic knows we keep our vehicles in great shape. He took a look around it and filled out the paper. They like it when I bring the deuce by their shop.

Rustygears

My travellers policy through Gulfway is a special 'Collector's Truck' policy. I get full coverage, including theft and comprehensive with no restrictions other than no commercial use for under $400 per year. All I had to do is send some photos of the truck to them.

mktopside

Banned
I have a commercial policy underwritten by Travelers, I believe I got it from Gulway. It classic car insurance, there are no restrictions on use. I found passing an inspection to be way more difficult than insurance.
LoL I still haven't crossed that bridge yet. I tried my inspector at work but he said he couldn't do anything over 10k. I went to a few other guys and they wouldn't do it either. I asked my buddy at the cummins dealer and he just shrugged, and I asked my buddy with a tow company and he just recommended a guy who will put a sticker on it for $50.

I'll figure it out one of these days. It's in the garage for a bit until the weather gets nicer so I have some time.

Oh, I pay $550 a year through Allstate

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found that it can make all the difference by calling different agents, even with the same company. I had one agent for State Farm say they couldn't do it, then another agent looked at the truck and said "Sure we can!". It's a policy covering historic vehicles, full coverage, $114 a year. I just can't haul commercial. Of course that means nothing in Virginia.... Just check around with different local agents.
:beer:

Tlauden

Ok, so I actually just got back from getting a quote myself at State Farm. Commercial policy for private use is going to be about $27 a month. She quoted as a stake side vehicle for private use to "haul personal belongings". All in all state farm had no problem, after I showed her a pic of the truck she knew what had to be done, and heck $27 a month I can't complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks