• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 locked up

summittman

I have a 93 M353c that was running fine . A large oak tree fell across the hood during ice storm. Hood was crushed and passener wind sheild. Radiator leaking and T charger damaged. The only air line cut was to fan. I pluged and air builds up fine when engine ,running but truck will not move now. Its locked down. Any ideas out there?

flyxpl

Not sure what your trying to say , but with or without air in the system , the brakes should not be locked up . They are not your standard air brakes . You could open a bleeder on a brake cylinder to see if they are under pressure .

dmetalmiki

With a "clout" like that all sorts of "hidden" damage could be prevelent.
Looking at the scematic for the brakes (tried to post it for you but every attemp results in logging out)
And you could try A) Bleed off all the air. B) crack one front O/S Bleed Nut and one Rear N/S bleed nut. (you will observe if the system is pressurised unduly.) and the brakes will ease if this is the case, Also try Cracking the Master cyl and air pack to observe the results. Before all this CHOCK your Wheels.
Post your findings and results please.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks