• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 lost power and now nothing

PaFarmer

Glad to hear you got home. I was up in my jeep and said hi in the morning. Hope you get it in shape for the rally at RC next month.

Timberwolf22

Towed to Jim Thorpe - always good when you brother has the M936 Wrecker

Towed Jim Thorpe.jpg

[Girls and Trucks]

Had a good show and met a bunch of great Steel Soldiers members.

My thanks to all the guys that helped me get back on the road.

Todd

Last edited:

Timberwolf22

M35a3 is "at the shop" right now.

Will post the "what was wrong" once I get the report from the shop.

I know a bunch of you have been asking me what the final diagnosis was for the issue.

Stay tuned and I wll will pass out additional info once I get it.

Last edited:

Timberwolf22

Rubber in the fuel system...... well I have to admit that was NOT what I was expecting. It seems that my fuel lines began to disintegrate from the inside out. The tiny "balls" of rubber would get sucked up the line into the fuel pump or sent back into the tank with the unburt Diesel only to get sucked back up again into the fuel pump.

That would be bad enough on the stalling but with the fuel lines loosing their thickness in a few spots they began under higher RPM's to collapse in on themselves restricting fuel flow.

The fix:
1. There is no fuel filter from the tank to the fuel pump on an M35a3.... there is now on mine. So now I have two fuel filters - inline between tank and pump + the standard filter between the pump and injectors.
2. New fuel lines

Had to "undo" everything that I tried to get the truck home and wait for some fittings for the lines but I should be back on the road again in a few day.

That was an adventure..... Hope this helps others because this one "stumped" a bunch of us.

Last edited:

MadCat2

There is no greater feeling than towing your brothers little toy with the BIG BOY Wrecker! We crusied down Rt 81 faster than hes able to make it go! LOL Loved it! and thanks to our beautiful support staff at Jim Thorpe- she does a great job selling ammo cans at every gun show!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks