• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 Master Cylinder

johnejones

Guys

I just bought a new deuce and after a few test rides the brakes were not releasing. There was pressure between the airpacks and the master cylinder after the brakes had been released. This led me to believe that the cylinder not the packs are bad (not to mention 2 packs failing at the same time seemed improbable)

The Cylinder is scored by the pushrod somehow coming out of the plunger. I suspect that maybe the plunger was sticking or that the pushrod was not adjusted correctly? The scoring lookes to be about a 1/16 of an inch or so which looks to much to hone out?

By searching old threads I found that there is a small vent hole that has a tendency to clog. Could someone explain where that might be?

If repair is not an option does anyone know where to get a new master cylinder for my Deuce (M109a4).

John Jones
512-484-2068
Bryan, TX

Last edited:

ehinlein

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,

I have a NOS master cylinder for the M35A3. PM me if you want it. But first check to see that there is play in the pedal and that the piston rod can return far enough to expose the hole in the master cylinder bore to allow fluid back into the reservoir. The reason I have the NOS cylinder is that I bought it for a recovery where the brakes would pump up and lock up. Turned out the military had misadjusted that piston rod. One quick wrench turn and it was fixed. Worth checking out.

Erich

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
johnejones,

I don't know if it will help, but review this thread. (It is the same master cylinder as the M35A3).

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/89898-m35a2c-master-cylinder-failure.html

Also, (not to hi-jack... PM if need-be). but can you remind me how that rubber boot goes back on that MC? Thanks! (I didn't get mine back on right).

***************************************** EDIT **********************************************

Disregard my question... I figured it out.

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.................This return hole is mentioned multiple times but unsure what it is and how to know when adjusted?
Thx
Read here and you will know exactly what it is; what it does; and why the brakes WILL lock up if the pushrod is adjusted too long... (Honda or M35, same effect...)

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks