• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 power steering boost

Heavy D.

I replaced mine with the appropriate size generic rubber heater hose purchased from NAPA auto parts. The new hose is bullet proof compared to the shredded old paper wire one. Very cheap $ to boot!

Paul

motomacguyver

I replaced my hose with some generic rubber stuff also. TAKE NOTE that the other end of the hose goes to the air intake, after the air filter. If you do not have a solid hose here, the engine could ingest dirty air.

I also changed the fittings that come out of that actuator to 90 degree fittings, so the small hoses don't hang down so far. (stock hoses seemed like they would be the first thing to get ripped of if you drove through some brush.) 2cents

Hoefler

Exhaust air tube

Hello All,
Been having some tough steering as well, discovered this. Still trying to identify it and and get a replacement.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon
That hose is a duct that channels exhaust air to air intake on engine. I have seen an a2 with factory air o mastic on it. It did not have this ducting. Just had air exhaust fittings. Maybe they went to ducting for deep water operation- the duct would prevent water from getting in system.
I replaced my shot ducting with plastic hose but am thinking on eliminating ang going with exhaust filters instead.
Pete

mcmullag

Helping a buddy with his A3 p/s air leak. Seems to be dumping air when just sitting there. Put marvel mystery oil in the supply hose to that torque valve body thing along
the pitman arm. That seemed to work. Question, when sitting still and watching while wheel is turned back and forth, the body of that thing kinda opens up a little in the middle. Is that normal?m35a3 ps 1.jpgm35a3 ps 2.jpg The allenn head bolts on the ends are tight.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The petcock on the firewall should be closed according to another thread on this subject. Um, which way is closed? Screwed in or out ?

BradBMI

I have an A3 that went 1/2 under in the huricane sandy storm up here in NY

Truck runs fine but steering dosent respond at all. I wish there was a power steering kit to convert to hydralic.

Anyone know of a kit for the M35A3?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
tom, is there some reason they put the lower support for the column on the outside of the firewall? it is supposed to go on the inside. (unless something is in the way) the way it is now your steering wheel will be rather close to the dash.

tom

goldneagle

For that 1" fording hose try a place that sells hoses for water pumps (not vehicle water pumps). If you get SUCTION hose, they are designed not to crush from suction. FYI t he discharge side hose is like a fire hose, but the suction side is stiff as can be! Another option is a 1" fuel suction hose for transfer pumps. That can be ordered by the foot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks